NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT
THIS IS A COURT-AUTHORIZED NOTICE. IT IS NOT A NOTICE OF A LAWSUIT AGAINST YOU OR A SOLICITATION FROM A LAWYER.
- All persons whose personally identifiable information or protected health information was compromised as a result of the cyberattack that San Juan Regional Medical Center learned of on or about September 8, 2020 (the “Cyberattack”) (the “Settlement Class”); and
- All persons who were notified by San Juan Regional Medical Center that their Social Security, financial account, driver’s license, or passport numbers were potentially compromised as a result of the Cyberattack (the “Settlement Subclass”).
- A proposed Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against San Juan Regional Medical Center (“SJRMC”). The lawsuit asserted claims against SJRMC arising out of or related to a cyberattack that SJRMC learned of on or about September 8, 2020.
- If you are a member of the Settlement Class or Settlement Subclass, you have the following options:
|Your Legal Rights and Options in This Lawsuit:|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM BY FEBRUARY 8, 2023||
You must submit a valid claim form to receive credit monitoring services from Settlement. Members of the Settlement Subclass may also submit a claim form for unreimbursed expenses.
You will receive no benefits from the Settlement and will no longer be able to sue the Released Parties1 , including SJRMC, over the claims resolved in the Settlement.
1The Released Parties are SJRMC, its parents, subsidiaries, shareholders, members, and affiliates, and all of their present and former officers, directors, employees, agents, consultants, advisors, attorneys, representatives, insurers, and legal representatives.
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF FROM THE SETTLEMENT JANUARY 9, 2023||
You will receive no benefits from the Settlement, but you will retain your legal claims against the Released Parties.
|OBJECT BY JANUARY 9, 2023||
Write to the Court about why you do not like the Settlement. You must remain in the Settlement Class or Settlement Subclass to object to the Settlement.
|GO TO A HEARING ON FEBRUARY 22, 2023||
Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement.
- No payments or other settlement benefits will be issued until after the Court gives final approval to the Settlement and any appeals are resolved.
- Please review this notice carefully. You can learn more about the Settlement by calling 1-855-778-8861.